By Sharad Mane
Perhaps Pharrell Williams made a trip to Bhutan before he wrote and performed his monster hit of a song, Happy.
Because I’m happy…
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Well, that truth seems to be clear to the Government of the Kingdom of Bhutan. Because their national philosophy is famously called Gross National Happiness!
Because I’m happy…
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Do you know what happiness is to you? Well, Bhutan says confidently, ‘Happiness is a place.’ Now, who wouldn’t want to go to a place like that?!
Because I’m happy…
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do
Clap along, sing along, or simply read along, if that’s where you wanna go…
Tiny Kingdom, Large Heart
Located in the southern foothills of the mighty Himalayas, Bhutan is about 46,500 square kilometres in area and has a population of less than eight lakh people. It may be tiny – even more so, considering its neighbours are the most populous and second-most populous nations on Earth – but it’s a country that’s bigger than the two when it comes to sheer happiness!
A remarkable way of administering a country, here the enlightened Bhutan government prioritises the happiness and well-being of its people as a form of governance. Given that, they make tourists who visit their country a happy bunch too.
Bhutan is a country which has its origins surrounded in mystery, an enigmatic Shangri-La perhaps. It’s a magical land blessed by nature, with an abundance of culture, religion and beauty everywhere you see. Take in the vibrant architecture of the monasteries, dzongs and the temples in the countryside. Walk in the Himalayan wilderness or balance your way through lush green fields. Get up close with God’s own creations. And meditate, like the wise old man at the top of the mountain…
Takes Your Breath Away
How do you do justice to a land as blessed as Bhutan? On the one hand, its beauty seems to be divinely ordained, and on the other, it’s packed with cultural attractions that put your faith back into mankind! Ask us, and we’ll tell you.
We at The Wanderers have put together a Bhutan package that ensures you not only bask in nature’s bounties but also wonder at the marvels made by man. It includes a visit to the gobsmackingly located Tiger’s Nest Monastery as well as to valleys which have views that can make Switzerland jealous. You can get up close with the Takin – a unique goat-antelope – and the Black-Necked Crane as well as marvel at the strategic location of the Punakha Dzong that plays an important role in Bhutan’s history. All this, done in great comfort and with The Wanderers’ attention to detail.
The highlights of Bhutan Escape with The Wanderers
• Visit the Taktsang Lhakhang or the Tiger’s Nest Monastery. Be warned: It will take your breath away in more ways than one!
• Visit the Motitang Takin Preservation Centre to understand the uniqueness of Bhutan’s national animal
• It’s permanent peak season here: have your fill of the mighty mountains here, including Mt. Gangkar Puensum, which at 24,590ft is the tallest in Bhutan
• Sing happy dzongs! Visit the Punakha Dzong, Rinpun Dzong, Wangchulo Dzong as well as other Lhakhangs and Gompas
• Watch beautiful birds strut their stuff at the Black-Necked Crane Information Centre, situated at the edge of the forest and wetlands in the Phobjikha Valley
• Drive through lush blue pine and rhododendron forests and via the majestic Chele-la Pass to the stunning landscape of Haa
• Pay obeisance at the Memorial Chorten at Thimpu as well as offer prayers to the largest statue in the country of the Buddha, at Kuensel Phodrang (Buddha Point)
• Comfortable accommodation at the three locations of Thimpu, Punakha and Paro and a well-crafted itinerary that brings Bhutan alive to you
Even if you are not Pharrell Williams, we are sure you would like to be happy. Click below to know more about how The Wanderers can make you happy by taking you to the Land of the Thunder Dragon, Bhutan!
Simply contact us at the following coordinates.
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org