* Lisbon (Lisboa) - national capital, city of the seven hills
* Aveiro - the "Venice" of Portugal
* Braga - city of Archbishops
* Coimbra - home of the ninth oldest university in the world.
* Évora - "Museum City", Alentejo regional capital
* Funchal - the capital of Madeira
* Guimarães - the founding place of the nation
* Porto (Oporto) - the northern capital, "Invincible City", along the river Douro and the Atlantic Ocean
* Viana do Castelo - Famous for the Nossa Senhora da Agonia Festival.
* Praia D'El Rey
* Peneda-Gerês National Park
* Douro & Coa - river valleys
* Cabo da Roca - the westernmost point of mainland Portugal and European continent, near Cascais
* Serra da Estrela
* Coa Valley a registered World Heritage Site